Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hackett Family Adventure

I was so thrilled when my good friend Stephanie asked me if I would take their family pictures because this is my MOST favorite time of year to take photos of people with all of the beautiful colors! She was telling me that it had been 8, yes EIGHT years since her family had a good family photo taken with the fall colors, which has been something she has been wanting to do every year since that day...eight years ago. We planned to take pictures on a Saturday, so Friday night I checked the weather and low-and-behold the weather report said 70% rain. All day. Oh yeah, I forgot I live in Eugene, Oregon, where it rains 332 days out of the year, so I quickly disregarded the discouragement that was tempted to come my way. I knew we could work SOMETHING out! The next day, without surprise, it rained...all day. We decided to rough it anyway. I brought my amazing sidekick along with me (my husband) and he was SUCH a huge help! We brainstormed some different locations that we could attempt to keep the Hackett family dry, and Stephen came up with the brilliant idea to go to Armitage Park, where they have covered areas AND lots of pretty trees and fall colors! Fortunately, we found a HUGE tree that acted as a giant umbrella so I was able to catch some decent shots without our session turning into a white tee shirt contest. You guys are the best and thank you for being such troopers! Here is some shots from our day.














No comments:

Post a Comment